Theatrical Prop for Halloween

Hallowen

Theatrical Prop

We had some big cardboard boxes at the preschool I work at and I decided to use it to create a theatrical prop for Halloween. I started off by coming up with a theme for the project. I chose different characters that the children could be and placed them in a pumpkin patch on a hill with a night sky. I wanted to keep this fairly simple so that the children would be able to help with the painting. I drew the pumpkin first, then the skeleton, the ghost, cat and moon next and the clouds in the sky last. The bats were the kid’s ideas.

We had so much fun doing the project. We listened to the soundtrack of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” while happily painting. The kids had so much fun pretending to be the skeleton mostly and the parents were quite impressed with the amount time we spent on this. The project took about 2 weeks of work. I wasn’t working on this constantly, only about 30 minutes a day since I had to be with the children for the most part of the day.

I wanted to perfect the painting much more but there simply wasn’t time to do more so this is the end result. I’m not 100% satisfied but I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s